Thanks for visiting my water-loving friend, here are some of the cooler facts you didn't know about water:
1. There is the same amount of water on Earth as there was when the Earth was formed. The water from your faucet could contain molecules that dinosaurs drank.
2. 75% of the human brain is water and 75% of a living tree is water. We're more alike than different.
3. In one year, the average American residence uses over 100,000 gallons (indoors and outside).
4. About 6,800 gallons of water is required to grow a day’s food for a family of four.To create one pint of beer it takes 20 gallons of water.
5. It takes about 70 gallons of water to fill a bathtub.
6. The average pool takes 22,000 gallons of water to fill.
7. A swimming pool naturally loses about 1,000 gallons (3,785 liters) a month to evaporation.
8. The average person in the United States uses anywhere from 80-100 gallons of water per day. Flushing the toilet actually takes up the largest amount of this water.
9. We know more about the surface of the moon than we do about the ocean floor. Seawater isn't see-through.
10. Otters hold hands while they sleep so they don't drift away.